Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moon Project Blog Reflection

The Return to the Moon Challenge involved many aspects. The goal was to have a group of astronauts return to the Moon to live there for 30 earth days. The astronauts have many considerations to live on the moon. A proper area to reside is necessary on the moon with plenty of resources. The base will need to be easily setup and light for transportation though suitable for astronauts to live on the moon. The entire challenge must be budgeted and proper resources and machinery transported as well. Research must be conducted and the base must be able to be expanded upon for future missions to the moon.

I liked the Return to the Moon Challenge for the work needed and project itself was big. I was part of the Geographic team, finding a proper place to settle on the moon. I liked searching the online with the maps as I did with Google Earth. Every suitable place I found seemed very interesting. What I liked even more was finding our lunar base's official settlement; Sinus Roris. I got to help construct the base to our geographic standards. This was a huge base with many details. It seemed interesting to settle there, looking for water as it was in the upper north and signs of the Moon's and even Earth's past. It was very interesting to imagine a real recolinization of the moon like our plan.

There were also aspects of the Return to the Moon Challenge that I disliked and was disappointed about. One upset was that the research to find specific information about Sinus Roris was nearly impossible. Most website had general data, not specific details. Time to build the base and powerpoint was limited because of our group's inability to agree on one idea, taking a lot of time to solve. We didn't know a lot of special effects for our presentation as well.

There are multiple things on the project I would have done to make the project better. I think the grading and required standards where well set. However, our personal project was done with sketches that weren't clear enough. I don't think enough time and dedication was given by the Geographic Team to find a proper spot though Sinus Roris was suitable. The Design Team should have spent more time researching the factors of a base. I felt like I did a lot of the work being told to do the entire powerpoint. I asked people if they had a chance to help, they could help. No one listened to each other and that's a problem that extends throughout these projects. Beyond that, the project was the project. I hope they are learning tools for people to understand the concept of these projects. It's frusturating.   

No comments:

Post a Comment